Boxing important part of a frame

Massimo Stella maxstar at tin.it
Fri Jun 26 12:18:11 BST 2020

Hi Mehdi.
There are different ways In Kdenlive to acheive the result you have
created.
One is cropping the picture with the Crop, Scale, Tilt filter, same as
you did, and to put in a lower track underneath the cropped object what
you want to see around it ( the same video treated in another way, a
solid color, a pattern, a gradient, a picture, another video, something
blurred, etc or whatever you need to show).
Another way to do this is to use the Rectangle Alpha Mask (this is the
specific tool for rectagular borders in Kdenlive) which creates a square
mask around the object generating trasparent border to fill, as in the
previous example, with anything you put under it.
As you can see, the only parameters you have to set (same as for the
cropping filter) are the dimension of the borders. So it's pretty
automatic.
Another option, if you need to create a free shape, is the use of the
Rotoscoping.
An Automask filter with tracking exists as well, but only to pixelate
objects like people faces.
These are the tools you generally find in other main professional
applications too, to achieve this kind of result.

Cheers.
Massimo.
Hi

I was trying to signify an important part of a video for around 5
seconds by putting a color rectangle around it but I couldn't find any
built-in effect to achieve this.
Finally, I duplicated a cropped section of video just the size I wanted
to signify, colorized it and put it over the normal track. This did the
job but I was hoping there should already be an effect for this.

Is there an effect to colorize/signify/amplify only a portion of a
frame/track that I'm unaware of?

Best regards

-mehdi