does kdenlive offer any scripting capabilities / programming api?

amindfv at gmail.com amindfv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:52:44 BST 2019

MLT has a Python API, but it's going to bottom out in authoring XML if you want to re-import it to Kdenlive. You shouldn't need to be modifying the XML directly.

My choice of the phrase "by hand" was probably not the right one; what I meant to ask was if I should expect there to be issues if arbitrary valid changes to the MLT XML occur outside of Kdenlive's purview.