Real-time multitrack editing with keyboard track switching?

DogFilm videobrain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 20:42:56 BST 2019

OK, so I found the multicam view, it shows me multiple tracks in the
monitor, very nice!
Also I was able to align all clips on all tracks, thanks to the great audio
alignment feature and because Eugen told me the secret of how to move clips
by frames with the keyboard.

Now everything is ready for a real quick multicam cut session - usually
(that means "in other softwares") that would just work like this: press
space for play, while the video plays just press some keyboard shortcut for
the track, that should be visible in the final cut - like e.g. "1" or "2".
Because humans are slow, just press space again to pause the playback,
scroll back a few frames, press the keyboard shortcut for the selected
track, press space again.

Does such a real-time multcam-edit workflow exist in Kdenlive?
Only way that still adds a lot of manual work I found is dropping a marker
while playback with the * key - however, I found no way of doing a quick
split / cut while playback.

If not, I guess it would be not so much effort for developers to implement
that?

If such a feature would be implemented, it would be great to have the
possibility to add a delay to the current track keyboard selection - if
that would be e.g. one second (user should configure for own prefs) then
the cuts could be made near-precise without ever stopping the playback.