Compositions vs Transitions

P. Franklin pf101069 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 15:01:25 BST 2019

Intro: I am still learning how to use Kdenlive in my almost non existant
free time but I have a question.

(Probably  the first of many even with a FAQ page available.)

Environment: I am using the Kdenlive 19 appimage on an Acer laptop with
4GB of ram. Fedora 30 XFCE.

Question: I notice that some screen shots online show a composite tab
and an effects tab like mine and others show a transitions tab and a
properties tab and an effects tab in the center work area. What
determines what tabs are available there and how do I get the much
needed transitions tab? At first glance, I believe that what I need for
mixing two simultanious videos is transitions not compositions. Any
help? Thanks.

-Paul