no clip timeline visible in 19.08.1 on Debian unstable?

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Sat Oct 5 23:56:52 BST 2019

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 01:42:24AM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated kdenlive on Debian unstable from 18.12.3-1 to
> 19.08.1-2 but it looks like clip timeline is completely missing.
> I can set in and out points with i and o keyboard shortcuts but
> there isn't any visible indicator of a timeline in clip preview.
>
> Could it be that some config data from 18.12.3-1 and earlier versions
> is not working on 19.08.1-2?
>
> I tried moving ~/.kde and ~/kdenlive to ~/tmp/ but that didn't seem
> to help.

Found it. Moved ~/.config/kdenliverc to kdenliverc-old and now clip preview
has a visible timeline and in and out selections are visible.
Some compatibility with old version would be nice to have in the configuration
file.

Sadly the clip monitor is resized to a stamp size box when starting to play
the clip which changes the whole window layout and makes interactive editing
unusable for me.

I'll revert to the old version for now.

Cheers,

-Mikko