Strange problem with music - please help!

B.M. b-misc at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 19 19:27:55 GMT 2019

Thank you for your idea, but I don't think I'm using it, just the volume
effect.

BUT: I noticed something and now I'm at least one step further!

If I start kdenlive by opening a project file from within dolphin, music plays
fine.

If I start kdenlive by clicking on my desktop icon, via the start menu or by
executing /usr/bin/kdenlive from within konsole it doesn't work. Unfortunately
I cannot blame firejail because executing /usr/bin/kdenlive bypasses it
completely.

That's also the reason why I had the impression that it sometimes worked, but
most of the time it didn't...

systemsettings -> applications shows "kdenlive %U" for mimetype x-kdenlive, as
does my desktop icon. I'm not sure what exactly dolphin is doing.

It's still strange and I'm definitely interested in the reason for that
behaviour, but at least I have now a workaround :-)

Bernd