Understanding release process

alcinos french.ebook.lover at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 21:55:39 BST 2019

The dot updates (eg. 19.04.1, 19.04.2) are supposed to contain only bug
fixes of the main release (19.04 in this case). New features, like the one
you kindly contributed, are generally pushed to the next major release,
unless something clearly warrants them being integrated sooner. The idea
behind this is that new features should get a proper testing period to make
sure they don't break anything and are polished enough.
Now these are only guidelines, and we do occasionally deviate from them. If
you think one of your contributions should be added to a dot release, don't
hesitate to mention it in your merge request, we'll review the exceptions
on a case per case basis.

Cheers,
Alcinos