Time lines not wide enough

Steve Brodie stevebrodie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:15:40 BST 2018

Hi Douglas,
There are two ways to do this that I'm aware of...
Hover your mouse over the icons above the list of tracks on the left hand side - so above where it says Video 1, video 2 etc in the track header list. Here there should be three icons in all, two of them are like a square with an up arrow or a down arrow, and if you hover over them you should get a pop up saying 'Bigger tracks' or 'Smaller tracks'. Click on the icons to change the track size.

To change the default size of tracks you can go to the 'Settings' menu, then 'Configure Kdenlive' then select 'Timeline'. In this window you should see an option for track height and a numerical value that can be changed. Experiment with different values to find the size you like!

I hope that helps!

Steve