Render scripts not working in AppImage releases

Tobiasz Karoń unfa00 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:07:49 BST 2018

Hi!

I've tried using rendering scripts in Kdenlive 18.04.1 AppImage. When I run
them I get this:

$ ./Edit_001.sh
/tmp/.mount_b9pvvV/usr/bin/kdenlive_render:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.9' not found
(required by /tmp/.mount_b9pvvV/usr/bin/kdenlive_render)

I've created a tool called *kdenlive-multirender* for rendering a video
project in multiple parts in parallel. As it's based on these render
scripts, it also doesn't work - which means a 15-minute video renders for 3
hours on a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU, as it's being rendered in a single thread.
With kdenlive-multirender I was able to cut these time down significantly
in the past.

I'd like to make my script work with the AppImage releases, as that's why I
am using right now (because the automatic crash recovery is a life-saver).

Is the rendering scripts functionality currently broken, or is there
something I can do to make it work?

If anyone would want to use that script or help me fix the issue, here's a
link to Github:
https://github.com/unfa/kdenlive-multirender/issues/11

PS: I'm using Kdenlive to make videos about electronic music production
with FLOSS and Linux. Here's the latest one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66VtJBN2N0

PPS: I first wanted to post this on KDE forums, but because of the forums
user name policy I can never remember my user name or recover it, so I
can't use the KDE forums.

--
- Tobiasz 'unfa' Karoń

www.youtube.com/unfa000