Atelier Video in Brussels + Blackmagic Mini Monitor Output

jb at kdenlive.org jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Sep 13 17:38:06 BST 2018

On September 12, 2018 11:09:03 AM GMT+02:00, lv at loicvanderstichelen.com wrote:
>Hello Kdenlive Team !

Hello Loïc,

Thanks for your message and great to hear this news!

>As we did last year, we will continue to use Kdenlive in our Atelier
>Vidéo in Brussels [1](École d'Art d'Uccle).
>
>The idea of this atelier is to propose a workflow only based on free
>software. (with an exception for DaVinci Resolve).
>
>Here is the list of software we will use :
>
>- ffmpeg (only for transcoding and unify formats)
>- magic lantern (on a canon 5dm3)
>- mlvapp [2] (process raw files)
>- audacity
>- openDCP (if needed...)
>- kdenlive (for editing)
>- gimp
>- krita
>- natron (compositing)
>
>I will rebuild a website for our atelier and share infos on our
>experiences (for the moment it's only the global site of the school on
>which I have no control).
>
>If some of you live in Brussels and are interested, you're welcome.
>
>I just have a question about Kdenlive :
>
>Is the Blackmagic Mini Monitor output disabled in Kdenlive ? (it works
>on Shotcut and, as I remember, it works before on old Kdenlive version

Yes that's correct. The Blackmagic output was disabled during the KF5 port some time ago and I didn't find time to add it back :(.

The feature is part of MLT so it wouldn't be that hard to re-introduce. Hope we can manage to make it work gor the december version.

Best regards
Jean-Baptiste