Atelier Video in Brussels + Blackmagic Mini Monitor Output

lv at loicvanderstichelen.com lv at loicvanderstichelen.com
Wed Sep 12 10:09:03 BST 2018

Hello Kdenlive Team !

As we did last year, we will continue to use Kdenlive in our Atelier
Vidéo in Brussels [1](École d'Art d'Uccle).

The idea of this atelier is to propose a workflow only based on free
software. (with an exception for DaVinci Resolve).

Here is the list of software we will use :

- ffmpeg (only for transcoding and unify formats)
- magic lantern (on a canon 5dm3)
- mlvapp [2] (process raw files)
- audacity
- openDCP (if needed...)
- kdenlive (for editing)
- gimp
- krita
- natron (compositing)

I will rebuild a website for our atelier and share infos on our
experiences (for the moment it's only the global site of the school on
which I have no control).

If some of you live in Brussels and are interested, you're welcome.

I just have a question about Kdenlive :

Is the Blackmagic Mini Monitor output disabled in Kdenlive ? (it works
on Shotcut and, as I remember, it works before on old Kdenlive version -
but I forgot which one).

On configure -> Playback everytime I click on the _refresh_ icon for an
external card, it _append_ a BlackMagic Mini Monitor on the list but
nothing append.

If it's voluntary disabled for devel purpose, I just will stop checking
how to make it works.

Is some of you use this kind of card, do you have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Loïc

Links:
------