Please update kdenlive PPA to the latest stable for Ubuntu 18.04

WMID wachin.id at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:02:43 UTC 2018

I am a Ubuntu user from 7.04, next from several times I use Ubuntu Studio
and I was using Ubuntu Studio 16.04 32bits

(I can't use 64bits for old PC)

This year 2018 I have a great problem with the PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~kdenlive/+archive/ubuntu/kdenlive-stable

because the version for 16.04 are:

4:17.04.3+git201707101839~ubuntu16.04.1

and this version not working fine, It hangs

I try to found a solution and see that the PPA of kubuntu backports have an
old version:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kdenlive

the version are:

kdenlive - 4:16.04.3-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa62

founded in:

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ubuntu/backports/+packages?field.name_filter=kdenlive&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=

this version working best than 4:17.04.3 but however is not the best
solution

Now I want to install Xubuntu 18.04 LTS 32 bits (because Ubuntu Studio 18
is not LTS) and I view that is present this version in PPA kdenlive-stable:

4:17.12.3+git201803012256~ubuntu18.04.1

I go to test nowt, but please, soon update kdenlive to the latest stable
version for Ubuntu 18.04 for 32 bits and 64 bits

God Bless

--
Washington Indacochea Delgado