Audio issue with 96kHz

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sat Mar 24 22:02:37 UTC 2018

Hi list,

I'm having an issue with a custom kdenlive build that I've created on
Linux Ubuntu Mate Artful (x86_64). The versions I've used to compile
kdenlive are:

eigen: 3.2.4.tar.gz (MD5 4d0d77e06f)
FFmpeg: git n3.5-dev-2573-g0f3d1c69b5
frei0r: git v1.6.1-9-g2479e75560
kdenlive: git v17.12.3
lame: lame-3.99.5.tar.gz (MD5 84835b313d)
libepoxy: git 1.5.0-12-g74dbb7bac9
liboil: liboil-0.3.17.tar.gz (MD5 47dc734f82)
libvpx: git v1.7.0-178-g215bddf324
mlt: git v6.6.0
movit: git 1.6.2
swfdec: git de1eef41a1
vid.stab: git v1.1.0-3-gafc8ea9fb0
x264: git 7d0ff22e8c
x265: x265_2.7.tar.gz (MD5 b0d7d20da2)

I have audio clips (WAVs) that are recorded at 96kHz, signed 24bit
samples, little endian, mono. In the clip preview, they play correctly.
However, when I pull them into the timeline, they sound distorted as if
kdenlive would incorrectly play them back at a slower speed (48 kHz or
something like that), i.e., the pitch is very low (about half the
frequency of their original, guessing).

Does someone have an idea of how to fix this without recoding the audio
first to 44 kHz using a different program?

Thanks,
Johannes