Quest for a Working AppImage...

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Mar 18 16:07:09 UTC 2018

On Friday, March 16, 2018 7:41:22 PM CET, Harald Albrecht wrote:
> So, the 17.08.3 AppImage doesn't eat memory like mad, but then
> it does not load pngs; neither ones created with gimp, nor
> inkscape, nor its own extracted png frames.
>
> Someone an idea of a working Kdenlive AppImage version to try
> that doesn't eat memory and does load pngs, especially its
> own...??

Hello Harald,

As Vincent pointed out, there was a recent report and fix for memory usage
in MLT. I am currently uploading an AppImage using the MLT from git and
Kdenlive's latest git master code (that will become 18.04) that does not
contain the refactoring code.

So this should be the best of the stable code we have. Pngs work fine in my
tests and memory usage should be under control. Feedback is welcome.

AppImage is  here:
https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-18.04-beta.AppImage.mirrorlist

For those interested in testing, I have also uploaded the latest
refactoring AppImage:
https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-18.08-beta1.AppImage.mirrorlist

I am also in contact with the KDE sysadmins to automate the AppImage
creation which should hopefully improve the overall quality and frequence
of the builds.

Regards
jb