New effect request for upcoming kdenlive

Jurrasic Parker jurrparker8 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:29:06 UTC 2018

Hello, kdenlive Team!

First, I would like to congratulate you all on your work creating the
best (in my opinion) opensource Linux video editor to date. I am an
amateur video editor with zero budget and limited hardware, and kdenlive
has always run very well on my system.

I have a small request; I've noticed that the video editor PiTiVi has a
few video-distorting effects called Bulge, Pinch, and Swirl. I find
these effects very useful, but the current version of PiTiVi is so buggy
that it will not run on my old hardware. I was wondering if perhaps, if
at all possible, similar, keyframeable effects could be ported to
kdenlive. If it can't be done, I completely understand. But if it's
possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Jurrasic.