Kdenlive AppImage Memory Problem?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 16:28:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

anybody else seeing an incredibly high memory consumption? Kdenlive
AppImage 17.12.0d. Empty Kdenlive uses roughly 0.3G RAM, fine.

at 25mbit/s, and two screencast .mp4 recordings: now 10G of RAM
allocated to Kdenlive! This looks crazy, as in all my Kdenlive projects
so far I had much more footage, yet never needed 10G, but around 4-6G.
When trying to edit, my 16G machine starts to swap.

Something seems to be borked here, or is it...?

Looks like I can't use Kdenlive at the moment ... not good with a new
project pending :(

Best regards,
Harald