Updated AppImage

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Mar 13 08:56:58 UTC 2018

Le 06.03.18 à 21:21, Harald Albrecht a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> widely mixed results over here...

Hello Harald,

>   * I'm feeling lost and frustrated ... the beta crashes on whichever
>     *existing* Kdenlive project I try to load, even before the
>     timeline gets populated. I would have expected a proposed beta to
>     be able to load at least some existing projects ... but then, "at
>     least some" doesn't seem to include my projects ;)

I can understand your frustration. There might be a difference between
what I perceive as a developer and the user experience. I admit that
project loading is still vastly untested and I am not really surprised
by the crashes. Most of the loading issues should however be easy to
solve (for example all projects using an affine transition currently
crash because of a missing file - will fix that for next AppImage).

>  *
>

>   * adding a c&t composition in a new project finally works without
>     crashing.
>   * adding a c&t to the Video 3 track, then moving it down, then
>     moving it up again messes up the track to compose with; I end up
>     with track Video 2, but the timeline shows with track Video 1 instead.
>   * the "automatic" track setting for compositions/transitions is
>     missing ... will it come back?

Yes, the automatic track for compositions has to be reimplemented, I
will work on it in the next days.

>   * while I welcome the new timeline displaying the track with which a
>     transitions interacts, I'm afraid that when I have multiple
>     compositions on multiple tracks within the same timeline region,
>     this becomes a mess. Is there a chance of getting some arrow
>     indication or something else linking the transition to the bottom
>     track?

Yes. this track indicator was more of a test and is really messy when we
use several compositions. We still have to figure a better UI. Maybe
show it only when the composition is selected ?

>   * creating a project with a single clip on Video 3 and a c&t
>     composition on Video 3, saving, new, then load this project again,
>     then clicking on the clip in the timeline causes a crash.

I cannot reproduce with current git. I will upload a new AppImage when
the automatic composition feature is back, and then we can start testing
for issues on project load/save.

Regards
jb