Slow rendering times...

Tech in San Diego technsandiego at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 23:41:56 UTC 2018

I'm experiencing slow rendering times using Solus 3 (Budgie) and Kdenlive
17.12.2. The system specs are HP Pavilion 17" with an AMD A-10 processor
and 16GB of RAM, Radeon r6 graphics and a 1TB SSD.

My 2nd system is running Ubuntu Mate 16.04.4, Kdenlive 15.12.3, and is an
HP Pavilion g6 with an i3-2310M CPU, 8GB RAM, Intel Graphics and a 500GB
HDD.

The g6 will render my 2 files in just over 2 hours. The newer HP renders
those same 2 files in 3 days. these are simple MPEG-4 files downloaded from
YouTube with the standard settings in Kdenlive. I'm basically stitching the
2 files together and rendering them.

I tried creating a VM of Ubuntu Mate 16.04.4 and Kdenlive 17.12.2 on the
newer HP with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my go-to video editor.

--
All the Best!
Chuck