+1 for 18.08-beta3 refactoring branch!

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 20:19:09 UTC 2018

After my woes with the current 18.04.1 AppImage crashing on perfectly
fine image files some much more positive things to report:

 1. Kdenlive 18.04.1 from master ppa seems to work now with the recent
    updates.
    18.08-beta13 is a success!
      * did I say that it loads my existing "classic" project without
        crashing?
      * it renders correctly(*)!
      * (*) the only things that seem to go missing at this time are the
        video fade ins/outs; they are missing after loading, and thus
        also after rendering.
      * I really like the re-sizable tracks ... sooo goood!
      * when making a track tall, the frame images of a video clip stay
        crisp (FullHD), but the track images of an image clip get
        blurry, despite them also being of FullHD frame size.
      * contrast of the white clip name on light gray box is bad, very
        bad; especially as the text also seems to have some darker
        outline, so it's getting kind of pixel soup. This is much
        clearer in the master/stable versions.
      * the transitions ... do need some more work; I barely can spot
        them, hidden as they are in the clip corners; more so with
        narrow tracks. I really prefer the overlapping version, albeit
        that could be still improved.

Thank you very much for your hard work on the refactoring branch!

Best regards,
Harald