Kdenlive issue with last update and MTL V6.6.0

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Feb 26 08:16:37 UTC 2018

On 25.02.2018 20:20, Félix David wrote:
> Hi Jb,
>
> Thanks for answering !
>
> First of all, I have Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64-bit.
> I had Qt 5.5.1, I'm downloading Qt 5.10.1 then it's gonna be okay I think.

Oh, I didn't know Mint provided such a poor Qt support. Then it won't be
that simple, because Kdenlive relies on the KDE frameworks libraries,
which have to be compiled with the same Qt version as Kdenlive. You will
need to remove all system KDE libraries and manually rebuild. Compile
the following KDE frameworks in that exact order :

|extra-cmake-modules karchive kconfig kwidgetsaddons kcompletion
kcoreaddons polkit-qt-1 kauth kcodecs kdoctools kguiaddons ki18n
kconfigwidgets kwindowsystem kcrash kdbusaddons kitemviews kiconthemes
kjobwidgets kservice solid sonnet ktextwidgets attica kglobalaccel
kxmlgui kbookmarks kio knotifications|
||knotifyconfig knewstuff kpackage kdeclarative||
||breeze-icons kdecoration breeze| These libraries are all available
through git with the following command :|

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/$FRAMEWORK (where $FRAMEWORK is the name of each framework)

|Then for each framework you need to create a build dir, and compile
using something like: cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS:BOOL=ON If you are interested, I have a
script to build the AppImage version that might help you (but will need
several changes to work directly) at:
https://cgit.kde.org/kdenlive.git/tree/packaging/appimage/01-dependencies.sh?h=refactoring_timeline&id=5ecd42394298cad227613e2db4711fa837f148c0

> I've tryed "apt-get install kf5gui-devel" and "apt-get install
> kf5gui-dev" but none of them worked.
>

> Is there any command to remove everything about mlt-data ? (Sorry I'm
> not a great linux user)
>
> In "/usr/", I've done this : sudo rm libmlt*
> And no more libmlt in it. There was libmlt.so.6.5.0 and it's not
> anymore, then it's good I guess.
> I've try to run after that : cmake ../kdenlive_git
> -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
> But the error message didn't change. That's strange, because there is
> no "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt.so".
> I checked in /usr/local/lib/ and everything seems good, I have all mlt
> 6.6.0 files. And in ./pkgconfig there is no mlt.pc but mlt++.pc is right.

Check if you have the file mlt-framework.pc, you can see its content with:
cat mlt-framework.pc

Check the version there. You probably have a .pc file pointing to 6.5.0
version in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. Easiest is probably to delete these 2
files and reinstall MLT.

Kdenlive tries to locate MLT using pkg-config. You can verify with the
following command:

pkg-config --libs mlt-framework

It should output something like:
-L/usr/local/lib -lmlt

And /usr/local/lib should contain your 6.6.0 libraries

Regards
jb