Kdenlive issue with last update and MTL V6.6.0

jb at kdenlive.org jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Feb 25 18:29:45 UTC 2018

On February 25, 2018 7:05:11 PM GMT+01:00, "Félix David" <felixg.david at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm new(bie) in Kdenlive development and for now I'm trying to build
>the
>last refactoring_timeline version as explained on the website's
>development
>page.
>
>I've followed steps until installing MLT V6.6.0. I've done steps
>explained
>in this page :
>https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5#Get_the_Qt5.2FKF5_branch_of_Kdenlive
>And everything is going well. But, at this step :

Hello Félix and nice to hear from you!

One problem I have seen recently is that you need Qt >= 5.7 so I hope your distro has it because otherwise you will need to find a workaround like a virtual machine.

><---
>
>cmake .. -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON
>-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
>--->
>
>I have this error message :
><---
>-- Could NOT find KF5XmlGui , checked the following files:
>    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5XmlGui/KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake
>(version 5.18.0)
>    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5XmlGui/KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake
>(version 5.18.0)

The cannot find KF5XmlGui is a bit strange, make sure you have installed the kf5gui-devel package.

>-- KF5 < 5.23.0 Disable icon coloring
>-- Found KF5 FileMetadata to extract file metadata
>CMake Error at
>/usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
>(message):
>Could NOT find MLT: Found unsuitable version "6.5.0", but required is
>at
>  least "6.6.0" (found /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt.so)
>Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:386
>(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>  cmake/modules/FindMLT.cmake:59 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>  CMakeLists.txt:105 (find_package)

You probably have old MLT on your system. Make sure you have removed the mlt-data and libmlt packages. From the log it looks like you have a previous version. Check with:
ls -la /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt*

Do you have 6.5.0 libs ? If yes remove them.
You can also check the pkgconfig files (usually in /usr/lib/pkgconfig) there should be mlt.pc and mlt++.pc pointing to your new MLT 6.6.0 libraries... maybe you also have an other library for pkgconfig that contains older files.

I usually recommand removing all MLT packages and installing manually in /usr to avoid having several places for MLT

Let me know if that helps and otherwise tell us which distro you have it might help.

Regards
Jb