Contributing to Kdenlive

Steve Brodie stevebrodie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:40:58 BST 2018

Hi John,
I don't know but reading Eugen's email I get the impression that if you
can use 48kHz audio this problem will go away-but I may be mistaken!
Also, if it is a problem with FFMPEG then we are looking for a work
around in Kdenlive rather than a solution. So, if I'm correct about 48k
audio, then my suggestions would be...

· Can you acquire your audio in 48kHz in the future?

· If not can you use the 'Extract Audio' command in Kdenlive (right
click on file in Project bin > Extract Audio>Wav 48000Hz ?

· For your current project that might not be a practical solution as
you will have to replace all your edited audio on the timeline. So
maybe your best option would be to use the Render > Stem Audio Export,
and then create a 48kHz audio mix in Audacity or Ardour, then bring
this back into your Kdenlive project, turn off all the old audio tracks
and re-export with the new 48kHz audio file.

I hope something there might help!

Best wishes,

Steve