SOK 2018 Status report

Mahesh S mahesh6947foss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:14:08 UTC 2018

Improve audio workflow: Designing an audio mixer

*Project Name*: Improve audio workflow: Designing an audio mixer.

*Description*: My SoK project was to design an audio mixer to kdenlive and
improve the audio workflow.

*Implementation* :

1.First of all my task was to make blank dock widget in Kdenlive.

2.I created blank files audiomixer.cpp and audiomixer.h and added to
kdenlive/src folder.

3.The audio mixer files were linked to the GUI using functions in
mainwindow.cpp and core.cpp.

3.The building of mixer UI was started, it was linked to the timeline
branch.

4.The number of audio tracks, track name and track number was printed.

5.The data was linked through projectmanager and timeline.

6.The dock widget was created.

7.The mixer widget can be selected from the view menu.

*Work Report*: https://phabricator.kde.org/D9679
https://github.com/mahesh6947/kdenliveaudiomixer/commit/85703f0a8128c7c307e23c8341aa344fee3a8d84

*What I learned: Qt*
*                          Kdenlive Codebase*
*                          QML*
*                           Got familiar with phabricator and other KDE
tools.*

--
Thank you from
Mahesh S Nair