How do you uncut a piece

alberto fuentes pajaro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:42:40 UTC 2017

I cut a piece of a video to get rid of it. Basically cut, cut, select
middle piece, delete. Put each side on a different track and click
transition disolve

Later on, I regretted the cut and had to uncut it. Basically, cut
every track on top, so I could use the spacer tool to move the right
side to the right. Then extend the left side and then manually find
the frame, then put one after the other. This is pretty laborious,
specially if you have lots of effects and tracks.Spacer tool have to
be used carefully looking at every track, not to mess with some sync.

I had to do this twice already and wonder if theres a better way

How would you uncut it?

Also, I have read discussions in the last cafe about having
transitions in one track instead of two. I didnt really like the idea
of having it just in one. Im only used kdenlive and so having 2 made
perfect sense...

But after doing this piece of uncut work, having everything in un
single track seems more sensible. I have 2 tracks alternating the main
video to use the disolve transitions. If I move one track, I have to
switch everything afterwards If I want to use transitions. I mean, I
could technically use 3 tracks instead of 2, and use the extra one for
this kind of unforeseen edit, but I already use 7 video tracks as it
is, and I dont think my editing is specially complex

Thanks for reading :)