Composite vs position and zoom

alberto fuentes pajaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:21:48 UTC 2017

After messing with them a little bit, I have to say transform is
better in almost every way to position and zoom unless im missing
something obvious

Transform even allows you to put the keyframes relatives to the end,
which allows you to create custom effects for clip endings, allowing
you to reuse your handcrafted effects. Which is a killer feature

Theres nothing you can do with position and zoom that you cant do with
transform, but theres things you can do with transform that you cant
do with position and zoom (the later even have an imporant bug as
farid pointed out)

I understand it might be the work of different people and is a mess
from the developer perspective not to include it, but I would prefer
redundancy to be gone from the user perspective. I think "Theres no
wrong way to do it" is bad ui design. Its confusing and make users
think they are different features, which arent obvious unless you try
them all... which is why is bad ui design

Im not sure yet about transition vs effect. The supposed advantage is
that is more than alpha blend, but transform effect have an
compositing option which controls that...

Again, I understand completely floss development, and this is a
byproduct of having several authors doing their own thing... which im
very grateful to btw... but somebody should be calling ui design
choices separating the wheat from the chaff to improve kdenlive :)

Thank you all for your replies!