Feedback, so far.

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:49:32 UTC 2017

Here we go,

We used reddit as a testing ground for reaching to editors of other
programs and the website to hear the views of the Kdenlive community..

At the website we had 25 comments (as of the time of writing this email)
and 19 voted to separate audio and video and 6 gave vague answers, like
"make it standard", I couldn't understand for which method they are
referring to or just gave a generic opinion. To my surprise no one voted
for hybrid clips! It is so nice to see people participating the way they
did. I didn't reply to anything in order not to "pollute" the general
opinion. The answers are short and easy to skim through so check them out:
https://kdenlive.org/2017/08/design-choices-ahead/

Over at Reddit I submitted the same post to about 6 subreddits but only got
feedback from r/editors. I feel that we might have failed in passing the
idea of what we wanted since some people thought when we say separate audio
and video it means they are not linked and also add to that a bit of the
usual skepticism from people nevertheless got some interesting comments. We
had 16 comments from 7 people but managed to get detailed info on why to go
either way. The general feeling I got is to go the AVID/Premiere way of
doing separate tracks. Here it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/6ww3n1/looking_for_feedback/

Do you think we should have a second round of this with a more refined and
better elaborated question and post it in other communities? Or from what
we have do you think it is enough to get a "feeling" on which way to go? I
think the latter is fine for me and my opinion is:

If it makes things easier to the devs and therefore make Kdenlive more
powerful then I'll vote for going the separate audio/video route.

PS
I asked my professional editor friends who work at studios and TV's and
they prefer the separate way as well.

PSS
JB let me know if I can help with the post if needed.

Cheers