Donations issue on website(s)

Jesse DuBord jesse.dubord at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 23:17:42 UTC 2017

So, there've been multiple users across the years who have actually
asked how to contribute or to donate to Kdenlive. Amazingly on the
Kdenlive website, neither the menubar nor on any page or footer of the
website. A G+ member was directed to the KDE website
(https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/kdenlive/), but even when
you try to put in an amount and donate, you can't specify that you want
the donation to go to the Kdenlive project. Both of these, I believe,
are very probably deterring a lot of potential donations to the project.

I'd like to propose that:
(1) IF the link mentioned above is the best place to donate to
Kdenlive, then a menu link with the title "Donate" or "Give" be placed
at the kdenlive.org website header, which would point to
"https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/kdenlive/".
(2) That the KDE admin staff would provide some clear path for users
who want to contribute financially to to the project, without the
ambiguity that it's just going to some big KDE funding pool and never
reaching devs like JBM and the others.

I feel like there's a big missed opportunity to acquire donations, here.