how to sync all clips to global timecode signal aka freerun timecode?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Tue Jan 31 17:29:59 UTC 2017

Le 31/01/2017 à 17:47, DogFilm a écrit :
> In addition to the other, more general thread about multicam editing I

  this
> is especially very helpful with gaps in recorded material.

yes, you are right. My use is with continuous 4 hours+ camera runs

Before getting the multicam kdenlive system, I was thinking of such a
time code system and used it sometime manually, that is:

* film a clock with any camcorder I have to use, better if done just
before each take.

* after the take, one can write down the offset between the filmed clock
and the internal timecode, after that syncing is pretty easy

I guess it should be pretty easy to add to kdenlive a module to do so,
simply ask for any track what the offset is and then align all the clips
based on this offset

alas my agenda do not allow me to take more work and I can't do it
myself, but I could help debugging such thing

jdd