Multicam Sync and general worlflow limitations

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Feb 1 18:02:49 UTC 2017

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 18:34:48 +0100
DogFilm <videobrain at gmail.com> wrote:

> why bother? ahmm, this was a suggestion. in the beginning of software,
> there is nothing. if people said 'why bother' there would be no software
> at all. furtunately people bother a lot and want things to evolve, make
> progress - this is something that created the whole world around you. it
> is not always perfect and some things still need a lot of progression,
> but this progress is only possible with constructive people that bother /
> take care / optimize / suggest / and of course build.

I've never been able to get the audio sync working properly. In fact, it
often crashes kdenlive when I try to use it. This forces me to do my own
manual syncing, which I usually do by panning audio from one track to the
left and the other to the right and listening in my headphones until
they're reasonably synchronized.

But even if audio sync did work reliably, it is a far cry from timecode
sync, the industry standard method for synchronizing video and audio from
multiple camera sources. It would be a real boon for kdenlive to have this
feature. The only question is whether any developers know how to implement
it.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and
more! "Drunk gets nine months in violin case"