Tab stops disappear in title clips

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at hccnet.nl
Fri Dec 29 10:35:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

A couple of days ago I posted the message beneath to the kdenlive forum.
There has been no response so far, so I decided to give it a try here:

    To show the roles and their actors in a movie, I want to use tab
    stops within a text frame in a title clip, like

    <Role><tab><actor/actress>

    This way the names of the actors/actresses get nicely aligned
    vertically.

    When within the text frame, entering text, this works fine, but as
    soon as I leave the text frame, the tabs are ignored, and on each
    line the name of the actor/actress is set immediately after the last
    character of the name of the role.
    When rendered, that's what I get too.

    As soon as I re-enter the text frame, the tabs are back again, to
    disappear again after leaving the frame.

    I use a proportional font, so using spaces to separate name role
    from name actor/actress is not a real solution.

    I'm using the Appimage version 17.12, on Tumbleweed (a rolling
    distro from OpenSuse Linux).

    I there a solution for this problem?

Anyone on this ML who can shed a light on this problem?

Thanks in advance!