question: mixed vc separate clips

alcinos french.ebook.lover at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 23:34:40 UTC 2017

Hi Farid,

Here is an developed text:
"Kdenlive <http://kdenlive.org/> is a Free and Open Source video editor
developed and maintained by a community of hackers and video makers. We are
currently doing a code refactoring which will be taking a step forward in
making our software more suitable for professional use. In the process, we
are facing some critical design choices, and want to hear the opinion of
the editors of the community.

Currently, a clip inserted in the timeline in Kdenlive can be one of three
things: video only, audio only or both audio and video. While this approach
gives flexibility to the user, it is quite non-standard amongst video
editing software, and may cause troubles if we try to implement some more
advanced features like an audio mixer. The alternative, implemented in
other softwares, is to avoid hybrid clips altogether, and only allow video
only and audio only clips. Of course, in such a situation, inserting a clip
from the bin to the timeline would actually create two clips on the
timeline : one for the audio and one for the video.

If you want to voice an opinion for one of the approaches, or outline
advantages/drawbacks that we may not have thought of, we are looking
forward to hearing from you!"

I tried to explain more carefully what are the possibilities.

Cheers
Nicolas