PPA to test future 17.12 (timeline rewrite)

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Mon Aug 21 21:21:10 UTC 2017

Hi Jesse,

As explained during café (hoped to see you there ;)
LTS has a tool old Qt version, and it will be quite long to repackage the Qt stack (into /opt to avoid breaking other apps)
AppImages / FlatPack / Snaps could be a solution, but not ready yet, maybe after Randa in September...
Or back in early KF5 times, I explained how to create a chroot to run recent distro packages:
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5#Older_Linux_Distributions

Only 7 months more and LTS will be up to date :\