hardware acceleration

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 21:51:14 UTC 2016

We have many bug reports regarding our interface with Movit, so I would not recommend it for the moment.

And it accelerates only effects/transition calculations, not encoding (most often the time consuming part):
for that, one should try FFmpeg encoders like hevc_vaapi / h264_vaapi (creating new encoding profiles)...
maybe it can work?!
Would be interested by results if one finds time to try...

Vincent