Kdenlive appimage progress

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Sep 6 13:49:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I spent my day at KDE's Akademy to work on a Kdenlive Appimage package.
Turns out it was not too hard, I have uploaded the build script in
phabricator for reference:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T2948

Kdenlive starts correctly, but not many codecs are compiled in ffmpeg so
most file formats currently fail to open, which can probably be fixed
rather easily by adding some extra libraries

Now comes the tricky part: image hosting and distribution. Distributing an
AppImage with FFmpeg needs to be done carefully (to comply with the
licensing and avoid patent issues). If any of you has an advice on that
topic, it is welcome.

regards
jb