Kdenlive snaps package won't run on Ubuntu 16.10, crashes on start [video included]

Jesse DuBord jesse.dubord at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:16:03 UTC 2016

I've been testing the latest kdenlive-devel snaps package (not sure if
that's even the appropriate way to describe it, but there you go). Seems
to install fine, but crashes after install every time, it won't run.
Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRUlT7GxvQ.

Command used in terminal to install kdenlive-devel package:
sudo snap install --edge --force-dangerous --devmode kdenlive-devel

Tested on:
Ubuntu 16.10 x64, Unity 7.5.0 desktop environment.

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide or if there's
something else I can do to troubleshoot, thanks!

- JRD