[kdenlive] Kdenlive website and brand logo?

Sam Muirhead sam at cameralibre.cc
Fri Mar 4 12:13:31 UTC 2016

Just one more thing when talking about logos:

As the leading professional open source NLE, the open nature of Kdenlive
could perhaps be a useful point of difference if we were to place it on the
right side of that pro vs amateur image
(http://www.cameralibre.cc/wp-content/uploads/amateur-vs-pro.png).
It's not just 'a professional video editor', it's 'a Free/Libre Open Source
professional video editor'.

The advantage of Kdenlive over AVID or Final Cut etc is that you can modify
it, understand it, be involved in its development and perhaps use it in
unusual ways which proprietary software might not let you.
So some element of adaptability, modularity, transparency, community or
openness would be great to subtly incorporate in a logo.
A good example of this is the Wikipedia
logo(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_logo), which shows its
international global community, and invites you to help complete the puzzle.
I don't know if this is helpful (and I don't think Wikipedia's style suits
Kdenlive!) but it's just one more conceptual layer to consider.

----Sam Muirhead
Open Source / Video
http://cameralibre.cc
http://openitagency.eu