[kdenlive] R: Effect to remove audio noise?

Massimo Stella maxstar at tin.it
Mon Jun 27 17:26:00 UTC 2016

The only way to remove noise from audio at today in the FLOSS world is Audacity.
I looked around several time for finding an FFT based filter like the REAFIR
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaFIR
that is a free windows vst which works in realtime. (you can use it by wine, jack and DSSI or Festige but through this way it's not practical, you have delay and it doesn't work in Kdenlive)
You can also try to use Gnome Wave Cleaner but I find that Audacity works better.
For this reason in the final part of my document
https://kdenlive.org/node/9458#suggestions
I wrote about it: because I'm still hoping that some developper will work on it in lv2 or other format for GNU/Linux in the next future.