[kdenlive] Preview rendering is rendering ... wait ... every other second...?

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Sat Jun 25 16:58:41 UTC 2016

Dear Kdenlivers,

two questions, somehow related:

====
1. With the most recent git master preview rendering now does something
strangely funny: it renders every other second only. The problem appears
only when I use a self-made preview profile ("MPEG-2 1080p 25fps",
picked up somewhere in the Kdenlive forum), which looks as follows:

-s 1920x1080 -r 25 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -acodec pcm_s16le

In the past, this profile worked without flaws. What am I doing wrong?
The stock MJPEG profile works correctly.

The project itself uses the stock "HD 1080p 25 fps" profile.

====

==== 2. The stock MJPEG profile results in a rather "blocky" display,
kind of 2D Minecraft-y rendering. It's defined as "f=avi vcodec=mjpeg
progressive=1". How can I trade in my disk space for better display that
doesn't look like being rendered in Minecraft or using my childhood LEGO
bricks?

====

Any help?

Best regards, Harald