[kdenlive] Kdenlive release cycles

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 16:50:37 UTC 2016

Hi there, Narcis.

There really is just one main developer in Kdenlive, and it's not his full
time job, it's a hobby.
So, unless there is something seriously wrong with the latest released
version of kdenlive, all the development effort goes into the next release.

The latest release will be whatever your package manager installs.

If you want to build from git, you get the absolute latest version, but
also the potential to run into some serious bugs. This does give you the
opportunity to do some bug reports, though. If you are running Arch,
installing from git is easy, I would not know about the other
distributions.

:)