[kdenlive] Catching discussions from Kdenlive café #7

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Sat Jun 11 22:04:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

Sorry for having missed last IRC meeting... and thanks for making the logs available, I read it with great interest!
(for those who didn't: https://notes.kde.org/public/kdenlive-cafe07 )

So I wanted to react on few points that where discussed:

- GSoC progress: Joseph would be the best one to answer (no blog yet?!) he is for the moment cross-compiling dependencies for windows from Linux through MXE (like Krita for release 3.0). A bit late on timeline but we will adapt.
- Randa: Joseph will be there (well in the topic of the gathering!), so it would be wonderful if he could meet Kdenlive people (I would really have loved to be there :'( )

- packaging: I had already updated stable PPA to 16.04.1. For me the logics behind PPAs is still relevant: master for dev version, testing for bugfix as soon as they get out (16.04 branch for the moment), and stable for releases (downloads not more than every month)

- workflow: that's great to have these advice; if we add so many new timeline behaviors I was thinking refactoring this part of code was necessary... and yep I just see JB committing on this \o/
then there will need a great effort to update documentation and tutorials with all these changes!
+I definitely have to watch Massimo's playlist!

- Movit: just seen on forum that the lib is sensitive to localization: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=132764&p=358335#p358314 worth a try!?

- icons: that's really surprising that no script can do the job yet! What is montel doing? ;)

- site: I have no time for this; maybe I should handle the installation part? (want to look at Flatpak!)

- simple bugs: in general, triaging is always of great help (getting rid of KDE4 -v0.9.x- reports, checking if not because of weird MLT/FFmpeg install, if not already fixed; providing example). wegwerf is already helping, but marking "simple" is a dev job...

- wanted to add: Farid is asking for EDL for years... and Shotcut has just integrated this feature! Maybe not so far for Kdenlive?

That's it, hope to participate in live next time!

Cheers,

Vincent