[kdenlive] changing from lanscape to portrait

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:42:03 UTC 2016

Ah, let me reply to all.

This is obviously not a standard setup, and a new profile has to be created
for it.
Set the height and width to what you want.
Also quite important to set is the display aspect ratio. This has to be
reversed, ie: if landscape was 16/9, it now needs to be 9/16.

This setting does not seem to have any effect on the output of the rendered
video.

On 14 July 2016 at 09:52, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:

> Hello :-)
>
> I use almost only kdenlive for all my linear video editing.
>
> I fail to find a way to rotate a video done with a vertical smartphone.
>
> it's pretty easy with
>
> ffmpeg -i 00024.MTS -vf "transpose=cclock" test.mpg
>
> for example, but I would like to do the same from kdenlive.
>
> I know I can rotate the video, I even can resize it to have all the image
> included, but it's still 1080 height, when I want 1080x1920 size (original
> is 1920x1080).
>
> any hint?
>
> thanks
> jdd