Congrats & thanks

Jesse DuBord jesse.dubord at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:36:34 UTC 2016

Hey all,

With the recent release of 16.08, I've seem *tremendous *amounts of
press praising the new features, stability, and polish, from
omgubuntu.co.uk to numerous posts on G+ from various communities,
Facebook and more. This is a brilliant achievement.

Farid: the new website is a critical part in marketing; it's the first
thing people often go to (other than the product itself) to learn about
something, and the polish of the site will determine how seriously they
take it. You really helped fill a need there, and that's awesome. Nice
work. :)

JB, Vincent, and the crew: you all seriously make my job possible in the
corporate video production world. The mainstream video & film production
industry is heavily corrupt with the idea of control, patents, exclusive
codecs and proprietary licenses make getting the job done a lot more
difficult. What you all have created is on par with serious video
editors out there, and it's making a difference. I felt it necessary to
extent another huge thanks to you all for your time, your efforts, your
caffeine-fueled evenings of coding and bug-searching, and your
dedication to this project. You all seriously rock. :)