launch of new website

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:31:59 UTC 2016

Hi Narcis,

I don't understand the functional difference between "About" and
> "Discover" pages.

"About" is where you can learn about the *project*, history, and stuff like
that.
"Discover" which was called "Features" is where you find out about the
features of the *program*.

> And the functional difference between "Manual" and "Wiki" ? (It's like
> separating eg. "support" from a "forum")

"Manual" is a "chapter" in the Wiki where you learn how to use Kdenlive
(Maybe changing the name to user manual might clarify this), while "Wiki"
you can get access to more information like how to compile, install,
feature blueprints, meeting reports, etc...

I propose to remove the top links and move "About/Discover" and
> "Install/Download" to big links bar.

The big links bar are intended to give easy access to some helpful links. I
am gonna switch its place to see if it works better.

> In introduction (About/Discover) I miss an important reason and basis
> for new users about Kdenlive:
> "Using Kdenlive is investing in a community driven project, which aims
> to establish relationships between people in order to build the best
> video tools."

Gonna try to do something about that. Thanks.

Cheers :)