[kdenlive] Kdenlive on Ubuntu 14

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Sat Apr 30 08:23:20 UTC 2016

Hello Rodrigo,

Kdenlive > 0.9.x need KDE Frameworks 5 libraries, which are not available in Ubuntu < 15.04.
Rebuilding all KF5 stack (+Qt5) is overkill, so it's better to switch to new Ubuntu LTS 16.04.
You can upgrade the OS or install it to a new partition (shrinking an existing one), on an external drive, in a virtual machine, in a chroot...
14.04 is becoming too old in the fast changing FOSS world, and recent versions are safe to use (not breaking anything).

Vincent