[kdenlive] Consider new default layout?

Jesse DuBord jesse.dubord at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:49:01 UTC 2016

Wanted to bring this to the table for discussion. There's an incredible
amount of great features that Kdenlive has. We all know that. Though,
after I run the first-time wizard and the program opens up, the layout
looks.... cluttered. I don't think there's too many widgets open, but I
think the way they're arranged is a little much. A video editor, I
believe, should have the video monitors front and center, and the main
focus of the program.

I know the initial/default layout hasn't really changed really at all (I
remember it being the same when I used 0.9.6 to teach a class about
video editing).

Could we possibly open a dialog about considering a new default layout
for the next release? Am I the only one who thinks this needs a little
cleanup and/or improvement?