[kdenlive] Kdenlive on Twitter

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:24:22 UTC 2016

I think it is great to have the official twitter account reactivated. (also
now that Jesse started an official g+ community.)

Whether you like it or not, twitter is a great tool for an official channel
of communication. This can even help out in attracting more devs or at
least spread the word about what is going on with the project. Even the FSF
has one ;P

Cheers

> I notice there's often a bit of activity on
> https://twitter.com/hashtag/kdenlive - people either showing off their
> work, or complaining that something doesn't work. It would be great to have
> an active kdenlive account to promote the nice work people are doing,
> retweet relevant info, update on development progress, link to blog posts,
> while also being able to guide complainers to the forum, let them know
> there's an update available, etc.
>
> I'm very happy to do this, I'm on twitter quite a bit for OSCEdays and my
> own account anyway.
> Two questions:
> 1) does anyone know who was running the account
> https://twitter.com/kdenlive ?
> no updates since 2011, it's not a good look for the project. If we know
> who ran it, we can ask them if we can take over the URL.
>
> 2) is it ok for me to represent kdenlive in a somewhat official capacity,
> or should it be non-official?
> The difference would be:
> Official: the user is called 'Kdenlive' and description would be something
> like "an intuitive and powerful Free Software video editor" If others want
> to join me in running the account, great! if not, we can just add a "tweets
> by @cameralibre" note to the description to make  it clear that it's not
> actually JBM.
> This way people are likely to start conversations with the account,
> address complaints there directly, etc. (I see this as a positive, I can
> try to solve frustrations and direct people to the right place for more
> info/help)
>
> Non-Official: the user is called something like 'Kdenlive Tips" or
> "Kdenlive News"
> The advantage here is that you avoid a situation like the current one,
> where an 'official' social media account is abandoned, making the project
> look bad, or worse, if the person running the account behaves badly and
> says things that do not represent the community. To solve the abandonment
> issue I can make sure that devs also have login details, and to solve the
> 'misrepresenting the community' problem, I promise to be a mature adult and
> avoid saying anything stupid :)
>
> let me know what you think!
>
> ----
> Sam Muirhead
> Open Source / Video
> http://cameralibre.cc
> http://openitagency.eu
> https://OSCEdays.org

1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439
usuario GNU/Linux #471966
|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|