[kdenlive] 16.04 UI audio gain curve adjustment and other thoughts

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Apr 14 12:24:35 UTC 2016

Le 14.04.16 à 12:51, Karl Kiniger a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Karl,

Thanks for these ideas / comments.
> just a few observations/comments about adjusting keyframeable audio
> gain in the time line :
>
> * How to quickly get rid of the adjustment handles (dont know a better
>    name) ? Perhaps by dragging up or down out of the track.

Dragging a keyframe outside of a track (up or down) should already work.

> * When you put more than one  handle to the same position (can happen by
>    accident) then it is difficult to pick it up again. The selection algo
>    will pick some circle and you have to move it somewhere else in order to be
>    able to select the desired one.
(...)

Massimo Stella wrote an excellent review of Kdenlive comparing it with
other editors and proposing improvements, including for the audio
workflow. You can find it here:
https://kdenlive.org/node/9458

He also entered many of the ideas / feature in phabricator (a project
management tool currently used for KDE projects) here:
https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/40/

Those last weeks, I mostly concentrated on fixing issues for the 16.04
release.
Now that this is done, I plan to do the following:

* In the next days: cleanup web site to remove obsolete content in
preparation of the 16.04 release
* In the next 3 weeks: fix 16.04 bugs for the 16.04.1 release, and start
organizing a roadmap for the 16.08 release, using phabricator and
Massimo's documentation.

We will have a Kdenlive café on the 20th of april at 9pm (CET) for all
those interested.

regards
jb