[kdenlive] Only-copy editing

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Mon Apr 11 07:18:35 UTC 2016

Hello;

Some times, to feed my video samples repository, I need to extract only
small segments from a larger video recording (already compressed, p.e.
in MP2, MP4 or MOV), and I want to avoid a/v recompression and avoiding
too the very big RAW formats.
Other times I want to mount only a sequence of samples that match same
a/v codecs, and want to avoid recompressing and RAW too.

As some command line tools allow (mencoder, avconv, etc.), does Kdenlive
have some editing and rendering mode to use directly source streams and
concatenate or cut them for the final file?

(Of course this cannot allow transitions, effects, etc.)

Thanks.