[kdenlive] Can't seek within any video

Brian Cluff kdenlive at macrosift.com
Fri Sep 25 20:41:58 UTC 2015

I just upgraded my main computer to Kubuntu 15.10 after having some very
good success with it on a couple of my laptops.  I completely skipped
kubuntu 15.04 and just ran 2 upgrades back to back without rebooting.
After upgrading kdenlive would not allow any seeking in a video no
matter if it was playing out of the project bin or in the time line,
making the program completely unusable.  I initially figured that it was
because I was running a beta version of Kubuntu and that kdenlive may
have been packaged with it's dependencies messed up, but other people
seemed to be have little to no problems with it.

I then tried the same thing on one of my laptops and it seemed to work
fine, which then prompted me to delete anything that looked like a
kdenlive config file from within .config and .kde.   Once those were
gone everything seems to be working again.

Anyway, I guess I'm just posting this just in case someone else runs
into the same problem they might be able to fix it quickly and perhaps
if the particular offending configuration parameter can be located that
isn't compatible with the new kde5 version it could be automatically set
to something that doesn't render the program useless.

As always, thanks for such a great editing program!

Brian Cluff