[kdenlive] Kdenlive Logo

Brian Cluff kdenlive at macrosift.com
Thu Sep 3 18:00:17 UTC 2015

While searching for a vector version of the Kdenlive logo to use for my
presentations I found the only one that I could find was on my computer
already in the form of a mime type icon.

When I went to use it I found that it made heavy use of clip maps and
there didn't seem to be any good reason to do that.  Often times the
clipped area was just simply setting the color of the path, so why not
just set the color of the path directly.

So, I spent some time and got rid of all the clip maps as well as all
the extra path data that wasn't even showing due to being clipped and
made a new logo that looks the same, but renders correctly on more SVG
implementations (The old one doesn't show correctly in Dolphin).  It
also has the side effect of being significantly smaller in size, 24k
compared to the original's 300k.  I'm assuming that it will also take a
lot less ram and horse power to render as well.

Hopefully this little contribution will help things out since I'm not
much of a coder and wish I could help more.

Brian Cluff